Guide Right is a program for the educational and occupational guidance of youth, primarily inspirational and informational in character. Its reach extends to high schools and colleges alike, giving due attention to the needs of collegiate Brothers. The purposes of the Guide Right Service Program are to place the training, experience, and friendly interest of successful men, at the disposal of youth needing inspiration and counsel regarding their choice of a life’s career, while the community is made aware of the problems that may be encountered as these youth seek to realize lives of usefulness.
Guide Right is the service program of the Raleigh Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi, Fraternity, Inc. and the Kappa Charitable Trust Fund, Inc — a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The Greater Raleigh Guide Right Program focuses on four areas: 1) Kappa League, 2) Beautillion Militaire Scholarship Ball, 3) Kappa Scholars and 4) Real Men Read Youth Literacy.
OBJECTIVES OF GUIDE RIGHT
The basic objectives of Guide Right may be summarized as follows:
- To help youth, especially those of high school age, in their selection of course leading to vocations compatible with their aptitude and personalities.
- To assist students while they are in training, to get started in employment and to progress successful in their chosen fields.
- To afford youth a respite from the drudgery of the street, through sponsored entertainment and culture enrichment.
- To assist parents in the handling of their children by giving them opportunities to talk over problems with those who know and are successful in their chosen vocations
- To inform youth of the value of higher education, assistance available for continued educational pursuits, scholarships, loans, professional counseling, and fellowships; of various occupational and professional opportunities and of current labor market requirements for obtaining employment.
Kappa Alpha Psi’s commitment to young people is well established and our Guide Right efforts, both individual and collective, can continue to serve as a mechanism to “inspire service in the public interest.”
For more information please email Co Guide Right Directors Aaron Thornton and Roberly Aladin at email@example.com