KAPPA YOUTH LEADERSHIP & DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE OVERVIEW
The Kappa Youth Leadership & Development League is a program designed to aid young men grow and develop their leadership talents in every phase of human endeavor. This national initiative commonly referred to as “Kappa League,” is a program for the educational, occupational and social guidance of male students in grades 6th-12th.
Geared toward building leadership skills, encouraging scholastic achievement and fostering community service in high school males, the program includes travelling to colleges and universities, lectures on self-improvement, SAT/ACT Preparation, work readiness and service-learning projects.
Our National Guide Right Initiative is a program for the educational, occupational and social guidance of male students in grades 6th-12th. The GRKL will focus on grades 9th-12th. The nucleus and primary focus of the Kappa League revolves around the “Seven Phases” which are
- Self-Identity: Discipline, Assurance, Awareness and Appearance
- Training: Study Skills, Time Management, Leadership and Organization
- Competition: Politics, Spoken Word and Sports
- Social: Religon, The Arts, Entertainment, Conversation vs. Communication, Etiquette and Manners
- Health Education: Physical Fitness, Sex Education, Drugs, Health and Safety
- Economic Empowerment & Education: Stock Market and Fundamentals of Banking
- College & Career: Academic Readiness, High School & Beyond, College Admissions, FInancial Aid Workshops and Survival Skills.
The purpose of Kappa League is to be a national youth leadership program dedicated to “Training Young Men of Color for Leadership, Achievement and Service” by providing exposure to tangible examples of achievement, while cultivating the potential of each of its members in a powerful, personal and intentional way.
The mission of Kappa League is to develop the next generation of leaders and achievers of impact and influence in the world.
- For each young man to discover his unique skills and abilities in order to find and fulfill his purpose in life.
- Prepare young men (particularly those of color) to become leaders of impact and influence
- Promote academic achievement by encouraging enrollment in honors and advanced placement(AP) courses
- To obtain 100% high school graduation and college/trade school acceptance rates
- Train Kappa Leaguers to become role models of positive change for other youth within their school and community
For more information or to apply please visit www.capitalcitykappas.com/grkappaleague or email our Kappa League Committee at email@example.com.